To emphasise the movement of the letters I decided to add some shapes looking like paint flying off the latters.Animating the “paint” for the first two letters using masks took me about 10 hours! Drawing those blobs either by hand or digitally in Flash or Photoshop would probably go faster.
(Efficiency comes with experience but I did come up with a couple of ways to somewhat speed up the process already after the first letter. Nobody likes pain!)
My back and shoulders are killing me so tomorrow I will take up an easier and less labour intensive task but will return to adding more spatter after the weekend.I don’t think there is any value in doing this kind of aniamtion the hard way just for doing it especially if it’s so time consuming. I do think one can learn a lot about planning the movement of a blob in space when it’s done on a frame-by-farme basis.
In the future I would like to explore how I can put Trapcode Particular and/or 3D Stroke to use for this kind of work. I think using the plugins will be easier having the understanding of the process itself.